My five reasons why it may be a wonderful time to sell your home.
Is now a great time to sell? Are you a seller trying to time the market perfectly? Honestly, it’s impossible to time the market just right. For most of my clients who have timed the market perfectly, it was simply luck.
As we approach the holidays, clients say they’re a bit concerned: Thanksgiving is around the corner, Christmas is coming up, New Year’s, elections, and so on. They ask, “Do you think we should wait until next year? Do you think we’ll be able to get more for our home?” I tell everyone the same thing: I don’t have a crystal ball. All I can do is provide the best guidance based on the market now, present my estimations of what’s going to happen, and what I’m seeing in the market place, but it’s never a guarantee.
I have five reasons why selling now is potentially better than selling in the future. It’s a wonderful time to sell right now. However, remember: This is your home, you don’t have to sell it, you don’t have to accept any offer. Even if an offer comes in at full price, you don’t ever have to accept it. So, let’s do what we need to do to prepare the home, and if we get an awesome price when we list it, then great—you were able to fulfill your goals. If for some reason we can’t get an awesome price for your home, we’ll try again in the new year, but at least you gave it a try and there are no regrets.
Here are the five reasons it’s favorable to sell right now:
1. Less competition. Many people think that it’s a bad time to sell right now, and without consulting a real estate agent to learn their options, they’re deciding to list in the new year. Those sellers will not be your competition right now.
2. We know the market now. We know that right now the market is wonderful, so let’s take advantage of it!
3. Rates are historically low. Buyers are still submitting offers on properties and many homes are receiving multiple offers, which means there’s still a lot of demand for excellent homes.
4. Buyers have more time to look. People have more time to look for homes during the holidays. They often have time off for each holiday coming up. When buyers have time off, that’s when they want to go see homes. Right now presents a wonderful opportunity for them to look at properties.
5. Buyers are motivated during the holidays. If buyers weren’t motivated, they’d be spending time with their family, traveling, or doing other things. They wouldn’t be searching for homes. They have a clear reason to be looking during the holidays; maybe tax reasons, to buy before the end of the year, and so on.
Finally, if you’ve made it this far, I want to give you a bonus tip!
6. Take a chance! Most people are not going to list now; they plan on listing in 2020. If you list in the new year there’s going to be much more competition, much less demand. If you’re thinking about selling, speak to an agent, understand your options, take a chance. If you don’t get what you want, you always have 2020.
If you ever want to talk about your options, please email or call me. I would love to help you. If you have any video ideas you want me to talk about in the future, send those my way as well.